Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course Reserves for Faculty
Course reserves are a collection of textbooks, study guides and other materials that are required by some professors for their classes. These items are placed in a controlled access area and given short loan periods to make them accessible to as many students as possible.
Check course reserves.
You must present your ID card and know the course number and/or instructor’s name to borrow reserve items.
The loan period for reserve materials is usually two hours (in-library use only) unless the instructor has specified otherwise.
Information for faculty
- Request an item to be placed on reserve by visiting the circulation desk to fill out the paper form.
- Materials can be placed on reserve for one semester. For longer reserve periods, written proof of copyright permission is required.
- Items to be placed on reserve must be owned by North Lake library or by the professor making the request.
- For photocopies of articles or book chapters, complete citation information and the notice of copyright from the original publication must be included with the request form.
- Limit reserve materials to a single article, single chapters of books or small parts of a work.
- The library cannot reserve anthologies of readings or course packs prepared by the instructor, unless they are accompanied with written proof of copyright permission.
- In general, copyright restrictions do not apply to government documents or works in the public domain.
- Reserve of circulating book titles is limited to ten titles per class at any one time.
- Reference and/or audio-visual materials may not be placed on course reserve status.
- Materials will be removed from course reserve status and returned to the library's collection or, if owned by the instructor, returned to that instructor at the end of the term.
North Lake College Library --- Reference Desk: (972) 273-3401 --- Circulation Desk: (972) 273-3400 --- My Library Account
Report an Online Accessibility Issue
About the Library
Login to LibApps